Sunday, June 15, 2008

The crimes of Che Guevara



I am what you would call right of centre, a right-wing social democrat. Bit vague, and don't feel like going into it now, but a summary which will do for now is this:
1. Market-mechanisms are undoubtedly the best means of allocating resources. Where socially desriable outcomes (a subjective issue) are not met by the market, the optimal strategy is to design a market by fiat where shadow costs or similar reified concepts can be traded.
2. The market is often not, in its current state, the optimal place for looking after the disadvantaged, for providing justice, education, health or defence. But market mechanisms can often (but not always) be harnessed to provide some efficiency to goals that are viewed as desirable.
These are technical issues. They are about how to achieve something, not about what is right. So that is what many people would call right-wing. But I have a social conscience, and so there is the social democrat side of me.

Often I find myself arguing pro-left points of view not because I necessarily believe them, but because I find myself talking to someone who takes their right-wing point of view as a religion, rather than a debatable topic. Just because I disagree with you in words does not mean that I actually disagree with you.

Anyway, communist murderers is what I wanted to talk about here. I cannot be as erudite as others have been, so instead I will cite a few references:
1. mass-murdering communists, with particular reference to Che Guevara.
2. 180 documented victimes of Che Guevara in Cuba.
3. Che Guevara - just another dead thug.
4. 216 Documented victims of Ché Guevara in cuba: 1957 to 1959.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I'm sorry, but "just another dead thug"???? Do you have any idea at all, who this man was, and what he means to anyone who is exploited my American greed and imperialism?? How many people have died at the hands of the American CIA? President Truman? President Bush (either one, take your pick)?? The American public, mainly the right, has been brainwashed and programmed for years... and your comments and editorial thoroughly display that. America was polluting (literally and figuratively) Cuba for decades, before the July 26 Movement and the Cuban people finally had enough. You want to talk about monsters? Batista, was in bed with America, while he tortured and slaughtered thousands of innocent Cubans! Really man, before defecating your ignorant, "moderate right" opinions out, try doing some objective research. Fox News and old anti-communist propaganda doesn't count.